Sunday, May 26, 2013

Ultraviolet and Vudu and You... Psycho Saturdays review by Knightedrik

Today, I am reviewing this for Psycho Saturday. Even though this is not a "game" and Saturday was yesterday.. still bear with me here. 
I want to speak to you about something near and dear to my heart. 
Ultraviolet movies in the cloud. 
"What are UV movies?", You might ask..
Well, I'm sure you've been in the video department of your favorite store lately, and seen a sticker that looks something like the one above.  That means that inside the dvd or blu ray you are holding, there is an "Ultraviolet" copy of the movie.
If you buy one of these movies, and open it you will find a code. You go to www.uvvu.com and create an account.  Ultraviolet is a digital locker on the internet that stores all the digital rights of all the UV movies you own. 
Once you create an account with them, you'll then need to head over to www.vudu.com and set up an account with them as well, from there you will proceed to link the two accounts together and there you go. You now have a streaming storage account, and you can watch movies on your PC, PS3, Xbox 360, Roku Box, smart tv, or portal to hell.
 That being said, you can google Vudu Beta, and find a link to Vudu's disc to digital in home beta.
Upon doing that, and depending on if you have a blu ray drive in your PC, you can scan the disc in your drive and upgrade dvd movies for $5 and place them in your cloud. Blu Ray movies only cost $2 to convert.
Pretty soon, you will amass a giant collection of movies in the cloud.
Thanks for reading my review, see you next week..
Wait, what.. we're not done yet? Ahh god-damnit, Fine then.
What the fuck ever, I thought I did a fine review getting people into UV..
Don't look at me that way kitteh.
Ok then..you asked for it.
Fuck my life. What do you mean that was just the intro..

Well, it appears I have more to explain.


 It would seem simple enough, right?

Well, it seems your not smart enough for Ultraviolet.

Apparently, no one is..

Because this is the hardest god damned service I have ever used, and I am no where near alone.

Did I forget to mention that Vudu.com is ran by....


drum roll...


drum roll....


Yep, you guessed it.  You finally get something awesome, and an undead hillbilly "always" has to fuck it up.
It seems that there are multiple problems with this service, Not Ultraviolet mind you.. they have their shit stacked properly. 
It's Vudu/Walmart/spawn of the fucking devil.
I spent over 15 hours.. yes, HOURS. Setting this shit up.
Ultraviolet lets you add up too 5 other friends to share movies with.. so, you can all share. 
But Walmart says "Fuck that shit, you can only have 2 Ultraviolet accounts tied to 1 Vudu account".
 If you add a third account, you divide by zero, and your dick falls off.

From what I can figure, this shit works like a chain mail, fucking ponzi scheme.

It might go like this:

You make an UV account, and a Vudu account.. And so does a friend. YOU EACH add other people to your Vudu accounts, so they are leaching off your Vudu accounts, and not UV.

And so on and so forth, I have no fucking clue. It eludes me on how to add more then two people to my "gang".

If anyone has managed to do this correctly, please by all means, explain this shit in the comments.
 I currently have 202 movies that will stream to my PS3, and Agent from the podcasts is my movie partner. He can stream 209 to his PS3. And I added him to this shit. Also, on the Vudu website it says we own 254 fucking movies.
So what the fucking fuck!
FUCK!
Wal Mart can lick my sweaty nut sack.

No comments: